Monday, October 14, 2013

A week and a day later: monkey tales

It's been a week since I have wrote a blog post. I am failing at this challenge but I do reflect on my day daily, but I just get so lazy to actually write something. This last week was interesting. It was the last week of school before holiday. I completed a term and got through summer school so I am proud of myself. 😀😀😀😀 To celebrate, Waldo and I went to the club. D&D music hall. There are two club in Nakhon Sawan, my city, and I went to the one that is over the highway! Another thing that I am proud of is that I am finally getting comfortable on my bike. After my accident I thought I was going to give it back but I was reading a life blog and one of the bullet points stated that you shouldn't live in the past and if something goes wrong. Get over it. So I felt like God was telling me to suck it up and get back on the road. 
When we were at the club it hit me for real that I live in Thailand. I knew about 70% of the songs. That is a lot. I even made a request in front of the club and the club roared. They couldn't believe a farang ( foreigner) knew anything let alone request songs.  It's crazy because normally I don't like the spotlight but I cant help it here. I am constantly being stared at and pointed out so you might as well give them a show. Anyways, I had a real good time! 
 
Today, we went to a monkey temple. Me and animals don't mix but I knew that I had to try and start to check things off my list of things to do. We took a tuk tuk there. And I am sure you know how I feel about tuk tuks( earlier accident) but it was the only way to get all of us there. It took about a hour and a half to get there and once we arrived there was hundreds of monkeys everywhere. There was a few carts to buy food and snacks to feed them. I immediately freaked out. I thought I was going to be attacked and had a panic attack. So I quickly prayed because I knew that I couldn't ruin the time for the other guys. 
So you wouldn't believe what happened next..... a MONKEY JUMPED ON ME!!!!!! Out of all of us the monkey jumped on me! Maybe I was the only one that looked like them lol.  Everyone started dying. I couldn't control myself but I didn't react the way you would think. I was a G seriously. I couldn't believe this animal was really on me. I chopped it up to God finding a way to calm me down.  After that I was able to just enjoy the monkeys and the nature I was experiencing. It's so crazy how things work out. So I definitely tried something new! I like this feeling I am experiencing. I am shaving off layers of fear that have been hindering me. I need to get the picture and video from one of the girls or Waldo. Will post later! 
 
Tomorrow I leave for my mini vacation within the vacation. Circus school here I come. I can't wait to lay, chat with backpackers, juggle, and play with fire. I will make sure to document this adventure.  Lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment